(home base is just to the left of Solwezi)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Greetings from the "Mzungu"




I learnt a new word this week, Mzungu, which means white fella in one of the local dialects. Another new word is Bwana, which i think mean boss i think but is a little more complicated than that.

A quieter week this week, only 1 dinner party, 1 BBQ and 1 going away party!!!!! I think I need to head home for a rest.

The one big benefit of people leaving is that they are selling off lots of things. This week i have managed to acquire a Webber, a rug, a wok, a DVD player and a Nintendo WII. Got to have some creature comforts of home.

The first photo is of my award winning and competition winning veggie garden, watch out little Brother and Dad, this garden is going to be spectacular!!! The second photo is of some of my team members at the going away function for the guy who I am replacing, Pierre. The last photo photo is of some of the ATS team, the guys who manage our camp and do the catering for all the functions.

I am off to Lusaka next week again, this time to play golf with the Zambian Revenue Authority, the equivalent of teh Australian Taxation Office! Its a hard life but someone has to do it!!!!!

Heading home at the end of next week, so see you all soon.

Cheers from the Mzungu

No comments:

Post a Comment