(home base is just to the left of Solwezi)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

So far so good





Well I have survived the first two weeks and it has not been a chore at all. There is a great little expat community in the Lumwana town and they are a very social bunch. So far I have been to 2 dinner parties, 1 BBQ, 2 welcome parties and 2 Friday night TGIF drinks. As I said, very social!

I have moved into my duplex apartment and have been settling in well. Things are looking a bit sparse until all my stuff arrives from Australia, god knows how long that will take.

I have a great garden out the back of the duplex that has been let go so I have been having a great time getting stuck into that. I also have a gardener who will be doing most of the hard work. A nice little deck out the back with a BBQ as well, all setup for entertaining. The veggi garden is looking a little sad, but a bit of hard work (on the part of the gardener) will see it all back in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment